Parents and family
About 1825 in Weston,
, now a western suburb of Bath, but then a village.
Childhood and education
In 1841 she was in Lansdown,
At that time the her future husband was listed at Chapel Farm,
in an entry immediately following the CROSS family.
- John CROSS, 54, Mason, born in county
- Betty CROSS, 50, , born in county
- Frederick CROSS, Mason, born in county
- Mary CROSS, 15, , born in county
On the 1851 Census she is listed at Cross Cottage,
Lansdown, Somerset. This is listed between Blathwayt Dairy and Goudies
Farm, after which lay The Grand Stand. At that time the family
- John CROSS, Head, Mar[ried], 65, Master Mason Employing no men, Upton, Bitton, Gloucester
- Elizabeth CROSS, Wife, , 64, at Home, Weston, Lansdown, Somerset
- Mary CROSS, Daur, U[nmarried], 24, Dress Maker, Weston, Lansdown, Somerset
The account of their life together may be found in the biography
of John SHARP
Life as a
John CROSS appears to have died in 1884.
The strongest candidate for the registration of Mary's death
is that of Mary SHARP in the March Quarter of 1887 at Bath, aged 60, i.e. born about 1827 (Vol 5c, pg 511).
Last Will and Testament
Descendants and notable relations
To be continued...
Any transcripts and images on this page are Copyright R I
unless stated otherwise.