Lying to the NW of the City of London, Spitalfields was largely rebuilt following the great fire of London.
Several properties were at one time owned by Simon MICHELL.
Simon MICHELL the Lawyer and one of the developer's of the 'MICHELL-WOOD' estate (around 1710s -1720s). Simon was the husband of Charity HUTTON, Sister of Richard HUTTON (sometimes HATTON) of Lincoln's Inn. He was actively involved in the building of churches including St. John, Clerkenwell.
MICHELL & WOOD leased a messuage to Samuel WORRAL of Spittlefields, carpenter.
In the 1660's and 1670's Edward Nicholas, son of Sir Oliver NICHOLAS of Manningford Bruce, Wiltshire, and of George COOKE of Datchet, gentleman built in the vacinity of the Spital Field. This may be a relation of of Sir Oliver NICHOLAS of Aldbourne, Wilts, whose daughter Frances NICHOLAS married Francis HATTON of Mortlake, Surrey, son of Roger HATTON of All Hallows, Barking. Frances owned property in West Wycombe & Stokenchurch and was involved in transactions that involved one Edward NICHOLAS family of Maningford (Centre for Buckinghamshire Studies, D-D/6/33)
A selection of links to other sites with information about this place